Welcome to The Global Human Capital Journal. We hope you find its vision insightful and useful. We have also strived to make it easy to use by deploying with a state-of-the-art content management system especially for on-line journals and blogs, WordPress. Here are some pointers on using its automated features:
- Categories, subtopics of interest, enable you to quickly find articles that cover a common thread like “Social Business,” “Transourcing,” “Enterprise” or “Emerging Markets.” In the left toolbar at the top, select one by clicking on its name. Hold your mouse pointer over the category name to view its description.
- Tags are similar to Categories except they are more numerous and somewhat more specific. In the Tag Cloud in the left sidebar, the relative size of the Tag name suggests how many articles are tagged with it. Hold your mouse pointer over a name to see the exact number. Each article is filed under one Category, but it has several Tags. Also locate the Tags in the gray box at the end of each article; clicking on any Tag will produce a list of articles marked with that Tag. Lastly, Tags are used in blog intermediaries like Technorati to enable readers to skip around among different blogs.
- “Email to a friend” or bookmarking articles is easy, just click the “Share/Save” button at the end of the article, bottom left.
- Subscribing to the GHCJ: Our Subscription page explains options for receiving digests of new articles via email or subscribing via RSS.
- If you wish to print an article, just print normally as we use the PrintFriendly plugin, which allows you to print or make a pdf. If it doesn’t work the way you want the first time, try printing with or without backgrounds or background images (via Print Options) to get the best effect. Note that some longer articles have pdf versions; just hit the pdf icon under their titles (right side) to download.